Please read the guidelines below to see if your organization is qualified to submit a grant application. Then, if you choose to proceed, hit the submit button on the bottom of this page and continue with the contact information, questions and download requirements on the subsequent pages.
These guidelines will appear on the top of each subsequent page for your reference. However, you may choose to hide them by clicking on "hide guidelines" located at the top right corner.
Thanks for your interest in the Billings Community Foundation 2018 Grants!
2017 GRANT GUIDELINES
Billings Community Foundation
The Billings Community Foundation awards grants for a wide variety of charitable purposes in the following focus areas:
- Human Welfare
- Arts and Culture
- Non-profit Capacity Building
- Animal Welfare, Natural Resources and Conservation
- Economic Development and Bricks & Mortar Building Projects
- Non-Profit Collaborative Projects
ELIGIBILITY For All Grant Applicants:
- Be a 501(c) (3) organization or qualified governmental entity.
- Submit only one application per organization, per year.
- Organizations in greater Yellowstone Valley Region including but not limited to: Bighorn, Carbon, Custer, Musselshell, Rosebud, Stillwater and Treasure and Yellowstone Counties.
- Organizations may submit grant applications every year. However, grants will not be awarded more than 3 times in a 5 year period. The 5 year period starts with the first year of submittal.
- Non-Profits must report on previous grant funding use and cannot be considered for a new grant until previous grant reports have been submitted.
ABOUT THE GRANTS
- 2018 Grants will be awarded between $1000 to $5000.
- $5000 is available in the 'Bricks & Mortar' category, however, all projects must be located within Billings City Limits.
- $2500 is available in the 'Non-Profit Collaborative Projects' category and will only be awarded to applicants leveraging collaborative partnerships between multiple NPO's to meet community needs.
- Recommendations for funding are made by the Grants Review Committee with final approval made by the Billings Community Foundation Board of Directors.
APPLICATION ONLINE SUBMITTAL
- All grant applications must be submitted online via the submittable.com website.
- Please complete all questions.
- Include a file attachment of the organizations 501(c)(3) or governmental entity designation letter.
- Include a file attachment of your board members name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Include photographs or letters of support that assist in explaining the project.
- Submit grant applications online during the two-month period of January 1, 2018 through February 28, 2018.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Billings Community Foundation in March 2018.
- Notification of grants will be made during the first week in April 2018.
- Grants will be awarded at the Annual Awards Dinner during the first week of June 2018..